HPE EVA Storage
1753959 Members
7319 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SVSP 3 install - fails before completion on HP XF service? What is this?

mujzeptu
Super Advisor

SVSP 3 install - fails before completion on HP XF service? What is this?

I am installing SVSP 3.0 on a fresh windows 2008 64bit install. It has all critical windows updates and thats about it.

Trying to install SVSP, towards the end it says, "Unable to complete the HP XF component installation. Failed to install the XF service. Error number:2 Abort the installation!"

Then it automatically removes the components and has you reboot. After rebooting i see no trace of svsp 3 so i start the install again. It detects a failed previous install and recommends completing it, the uninstalling, then trying again. I let it try to finish so I can uninstall and i get the same error during install.

Any thoughts or ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Re: SVSP 3 install - fails before completion on HP XF service? What is this?

Closed.

It was a .net sp1 update causing the issues.
Karapuzz

Hello mujzeptu!
Could you please give more detailed description of how you solved this problem. I have the same problem. Thank you in advance!
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

So in my case after doing all windows critical updates, I had to go remove the above mentioned component. Once this was uninstalled, svsp 3 went great.
Michael Scheinoha
Frequent Advisor

I am having the same error on VSM1 with a fresh, new SVSP V3.0.2 install. We un-installed .Net 3.5 SP1, but this did not clear the error. The same error occurs on the VSM2 server, so we have a consistent error.
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Hmm. Is it R1? It seemed like the latest greatest OS and patches gave me the most fits. I'd try an older OS or version of said OS and go from there....