1752328 Members
5902 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Secure Path Manager Password issues

Neil Cremen

Secure Path Manager Password issues

Hello All,

I have a query relating to passwords and Secure Path Manager.

We have a small Eva 3000 with 5-6 hosts connected using Secure Path Manager version 4.0 Build 95 (this is the best I can do version details)

Within SPM there is one single profile for the SAN with 4 Win2K servers and the SAN Mgmt appliance configured.

I have inherited this system without all the relevant information, so don't have the password for the existing profile.

Previously when I ran SPM, I could open the standard profile without any password required.

Recently, I went to add a host to SPM, did so and presented a small test lun to this host. However when saving the profile I was prompted to Save the password with the options to proceed being yes, no or cancel.
Given that I didn't know the password I figured that I didn't want to save it, so I clicked no, and thats where my troubles began!

While each of the servers are still connected to their luns, when I open SPM and open the profile I get prompted for the password I don't have, so when I click ok (with an empty password), I can see the profile servers but there is an authentication error message box on screen, so I don't get any connection details for the hosts.

When I do open the profile like this, despite the fact that there is no connectivity details, the ominous option to "Change Password" is available to me!

Is there a way of recovering the previous SPM password without having to reconfigure the SPM agents on each of the other hosts, as I'm loathe to modify these Win2k servers?

Thanks in advance!

Neil
1 REPLY 1
Neil Cremen

Re: Secure Path Manager Password issues

Retrieved the password from the setup files.