1752273 Members
4765 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server 2003R2 not seeing Sun StorEdge 3511FC

Camerons
Occasional Contributor

Server 2003R2 not seeing Sun StorEdge 3511FC

This is my first time setting up a Sun SAN and I've run into an problem. I've deleted the previous configuration on the SAN and have created my own. Unfortuatley the Windows box it is connected to won't see the SAN.

I've created a single logical drive containing all the disks. I then created an logical volume containing the 1 logical drive. I then mapped a host LUN to the logical volume. I even made an HOST-ID & WWN number. I've also confirmed that the Channel has picked up the LUN.

I installed an FC card into my Windows Server 2003R2 box without issue. When I plug the server into the SAN connection lights appear but Windows will not pick up the SAN. I've tried different FC ports on the SAN and re-creating the LUN but Windows will not pick up the device.

Please help!
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

You probably need to re-configure your zoning to include the new server.

What model SAN Switch do you have?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Camerons
Occasional Contributor

Sorry I'm new to high level SAN's what does "You probably need to re-configure your zoning to include the new server." mean?

What model SAN Switch do you have? I don't have a switch do I need one? I'm currently connecting the Sun StorEdge 3511FC SAN directly the server via a Fiber Cable