1752866 Members
3942 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Shut down and removal of an EVA4400 in CA

Magnus Appelgren
Frequent Advisor

Shut down and removal of an EVA4400 in CA

I have two 4400 connected with ISL to another site. Now i want to shut down and remove one of the 4400's. There are no vdisks left, just a empty disk group. Can I just remove that 4400 fron all zoning and disconnect ISL's and shut it down?

Also I would like to wipe all disks before we shut it down. Should I reinitialize it before I shut it down?

Any other conciderations with CV-servers (one in each site) and Brocade switches?

Best regards

Magnus

4 REPLIES 4
hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

Once you delete all the luns/vdisks having CA/BC configured, there is no issue in disconnecting the EVA.

Yes, you may re-initialise the EVA, to start all configurations from fresh on the disconnected EVA.

You will need to modify configuration in Brocade switches depending on how you want to use them going forward. No action is needed with CV servers.

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
Magnus Appelgren
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Hari!

I plan to keep two of the four Brocade switches for the remaining Eva 4400. What configuration do I need to modify? Do you mean just zoning?

Magnus

hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, zoning on the switches should be modified according to future use.

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
Magnus Appelgren
Frequent Advisor

Thanks.

I guess the fabric should be changed as well. Now the four switches are connected with ISL but now the two remaining switching should be connected to eachother instead of its former fabric memeber at the other site.

Can I just disconnect all ISL's and connect the two remaining switches directly?

I really would like to do everything here in the correct order so I don't lock myself out in the process and get a service stop at the remaining site.

Magnus