108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Slow response from CommandView

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim Chilton
Frequent Advisor

Slow response from CommandView

I've noticed that occasionally, when I click on an object in CommandView it takes a really long time for the web page to respond. Sometimes up to 5 minutes. I know that the process on the array has a very low priority on the controller, but this seems a little much. Does anyone Have any ideas? I have EVA8100 running v6220 code and CommandView 9.2.
16 REPLIES 16
AnthonySN
Respected Contributor

what is the java version you have on the sms
Tim Chilton
Frequent Advisor

The version is the most up-to-date: 1.6.0_20.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

What specs are on the server that is runnign CV? How much memory? CPU? Is it running anything else? Speed of HBAs?
susanta_dutta
Trusted Contributor

In some instances CV may respond slow, specially if your Array is highly busy with Host I/O or CV is managing many Arrays

Regards
Susanta
DogBytes
Valued Contributor

Since it's an occasional slow down, is it possible some scheduled tasks are taking over? For example, creating snapclones or running some custom sssu scripts?
Tim Chilton
Frequent Advisor

The server itself should be more than adequate: DL360 G5 with dual 2GHz x86 cpu's, 4GB of RAM, and dual 4GB HBA's running W2K3 Standard. The only other thing running on the machine is SIM and that's just for call-home capability. The SMS only manages one array, and the SIM implementation is just for the array, two switches, and two servers. We do have some mirror clones running, but they only go through a scripted fracture/synchronization process in the early morning before I arrive.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Tom, have you verified your zoning? Have you checked that the switch ports that your server is plugged into at set at the proper speed? I know this seems to be basic stuff but we need to start some where. Has it always run slowly? When was the last time that the O/S was rebuilt?
Tim Chilton
Frequent Advisor

The FC ports are properly zoned and both the switch port and HBA are hard set to 4Gbps. It doesn't always run slowly, just when I need to get something done in a rush. ;-) The server itself was built just over a year ago and I haven't been able to see any kind of cause/effect for the time. It's just that sometimes the page will take a good 2-3 minutes to refresh after each mouse clock.
DogBytes
Valued Contributor

Have you run EVAperf lately to get an idea how the EVA itself is performing?