108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Slow response from CommandView

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim Chilton
Frequent Advisor

Re: Slow response from CommandView

That was one of the first things that I did. The array itself is running at about 20% of its capability across all categories of evaperf. The only times it gets higher than that is during the fracture/resynch process that happens at night. Even then, it barely breaks a sweat.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Ok.... how about checking the Task Manager on the SMS and see if there is anything else running that is taking a tonne of time? And just to verify, latest drivers for HBA and Java?
DogBytes
Valued Contributor

Quite the mystery.
Do you run CV EVA from your desktop or directly from the sms using localhost? (or possibly both). I'm just wondering if you've noticed any difference that might point to a network issue.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Are you running Storage Essentials at all? I also found other threads in here that might com in handy.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1391555

Uwe suggested something that might help.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Kurt Gunter
Advisor
Solution

I was told by a technician this week that if any of the EVAs is doing something or in trouble (in other words, any time you need fast access to it) Command View will be busy dealing with the EVA output and will slow down substantially.

For example when reconstructing a RAID array, or last week when I had a loop switch fail, it was often 2-3 minutes between a click and a display. Again, HP said this is "normal".

I've had EULAs with "insert text here" in full-release versions. We STILL see that the MPIO DSM is packaged using "demo" software. And Command View is... well, not great even in its 9th version, as you can see.

I forsee a move to other vendors in our company because we're about fed up at this point.
Tim Chilton
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, all!