New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storage Works EVA 6000 Hard Drives / Firmware

SOLVED
Go to solution
Richard Behm
Occasional Contributor

Storage Works EVA 6000 Hard Drives / Firmware

Hello,

I am currently working with an HP StorageWorks EVA 6000. I need to install additional hard drives. However, I know the current hard drives' firmware is very out of date. This will be the first time I've ever had to install new hardware so I was hoping to get some advice to be sure that I did everything properly and I didn't miss any steps.

Does anyone have any experience in adding hardware and updating firmware not only on the HD's but on any other required hardware that could give me the proper steps?

I am currently running Command View 7.0. I also ran the HP SAN Visibility tool. It found that my fiber stitches needed a firmware update. However, it also said that it did not find any HP StoragWorks EVA class of disk arrays in the SAN. That worried me a bit. The report didn't mention any hard drives at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Rich
3 REPLIES 3
IBaltay
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
here is the latest bundle of all relevant hdd firmwares:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3302267&prodNameId=3351789&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=co-71198-1

it can be run via the Command view code load option
the pain is one part of the reality
Richard Behm
Occasional Contributor

IBaltay,

That was exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Rich
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

If you are running CV 7.0, then your EVA controller firmware is also likely to be old. But you really need to check all the compatibility matricies at wwww.hp.com/storage/spock. Your HBA's firmware and drivers may also need to be updated and if you have Windows 2003, the MPIO module may need an update. After identifying the desired state you really need to read all of the release notes and installation instructions carefully. HP does sell services to do this for you, if you don't feel up to the task. You may need to go to CV 9.x, but if you have Windows 2000 servers for example these are not supported with the latest releases so do check everything before starting to update.
Mom 6