1752288 Members
4323 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storage system not responding

tonyG_2
Advisor

Storage system not responding

Currently I have two standalone management servers running CVE 9.2. Both servers can see both arrays fine. No issues.

I am now trying to install CVE 9.2 on a VMware 2003 virtual server. I have gotten it to work at the remote location. The remote virtual server running CVE 9.2 can see both the locally attached array and the remote array. No issues.

I perform the same installation on the primary location and I cannot get it to see the local array. It discovers both arrays but only properly connects to the remote array. The local array returns the dreaded storage system not responding. The storage cell wwn is visible as are the paths. I have tried rebooting both controllers and still nothing. I feel like it is a networking issue but have run out of ideas to test.

Any suggestions on getting the source virtual server CVE 9.2 to stop displaying the 'storage system not responding' message for the source array?
4 REPLIES 4
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello Tony,
what EVA's do you use? As I know, running CV unedr vmware VM is supported only in case of newer EVAs of x4xx familly with XCS9xxxx fimrware...

Jan
tonyG_2
Advisor

EVA 4400 and 6600

HSV300 - 09534000
HSV200 - 6220
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
that could by your problem - Eva6000 definitelly does not support CV running from VM.... Need to have real hardware server.

Jan
tonyG_2
Advisor

That is the EVA that is not responding. Although it is bizarre that the remote location can access the 6000 with CVE. It does have issue once in a while though. Oh well, thanks for the help.