1748216 Members
3475 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: StorageWorks B-Series Fabric OS upgrade guide

Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

StorageWorks B-Series Fabric OS upgrade guide

Does HP have an upgrade guide for the B-Series switches? I have downloaded 6.2.2 Fabric OS for my 4Gb SAN switch for C-class enclosures but there is no guide included. I found the release notes but there are no instructions for performing the update in there nor any references to any instructions.

The release notes I got for my Cisco MDS-9120 included instructions for doing the upgrade. Where can I find the same information for the B-Series switches?
Mike
11 REPLIES 11
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I found it always in the release notes. Just run the firmwaredownload command and point to the ftp server that contains the firmware.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Release Notes for 6.2.2: " http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSeriesId=3185340&targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fbizsupport1.austin.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc01945506%2Fc01945506.pdf "

What are your switches currently at firmware wise? You may need to do a little jumping if you are at 6.0 or earlier.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

My switches are currently on 5.2 I think. The information is back at the office right now but I know it 5.x. I did read that I would need to upgrade to 6.0 before going to 6.2.2.
Mike
AWilliams_1
Trusted Contributor

From 5.2, you will have to go to 6.0.x,6.1.x,6.2.2. Cant remember if you actually have to do the 5.3.x version first.
TechHelp24
Frequent Advisor

Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

Ok it's been a while since I replied but I had to take care of some other projects first. My switches are at 5.3.0d so I will need to go to 6.0, then 6.1 and finally 6.2.2. However I can't find the 6.0 firmware on the HP site. They have 5.3 and 6.1 listed but no 6.0. Any idea where to get this? How can I upgrade if I can't get 6.0?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3185341&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3185340&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54
Mike
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

TechHelp24
Frequent Advisor

Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the help. I opened up a ticket with HP and they put it up on an FTP site for me to download.
Mike