HPE EVA Storage

Take out disks after deletion of disk group

toaster
Occasional Contributor

Take out disks after deletion of disk group

Hello,
i delete an disc group on an EVA6100 and the disks appears in Ungrouped Disks. Now, what have i done to take out the disks ? Can i take out the disks or is there something i have to do before ? What is with the Remove Button ?
Can somebody explain me the difference between the Remove and the Ungroup Button ?

Thanks a lot
6 REPLIES 6
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Re: Take out disks after deletion of disk group

Ungroup: That's to remove a disk from a disk group, moving all the data on it to other disks on the disk group.

Remove: once a disk is ungroupped, you can click remove and extract it from the enclosure.

Summary: First ungroup, then remove.
Fran Garcia
Frequent Advisor

Also make sure when you click in "remove" you have somebody in front of the EVA. The disk will blink to say it can be removed.

If you don't remove in the next few minutes, the disk will revert to 'normal' status and you'll need to click in "remove" again :-)
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Just remember, once you physically remove the drive it will be spinning down, so handle it with care and replace the empty slot with a disk BLANK or another disk.
Sagar Sirdesai
Trusted Contributor

After you've cliecked the remove for each disk.
You can use the locate option to make the disk led blink.

Sagar
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Actually, depending on how current your firmware is, the disk will start to blink as soon as you click on REMOVE. Then it prompts you to remove the disk and then click on OK. :)
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor