New Discussion юеВ

Re: Temp mesurements from EVA 4400

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kaukonen
Advisor

Temp mesurements from EVA 4400

Hello,

I'm used to check the temperature of EVA from Command View. And from EVA 4000 with older firmware I can see the controllers temp directly from CV.

Now this newer CV only has menu tab called Cooling. I can't find the temperature measurements from anywhere. It's a bit silly when controllers alarm and the warning is just that "Warm".

5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hey, hmm..

You can capture the "controller configuration dump" from CV (server opions) - that will have temperatures - but the file is in .xml form.

What version of CV and XCS are you using now?
Kaukonen
Advisor

CV version is 9.2.
I'm unsure of XCS but I think it is 09522000.

It would be better if the temps were displayed somewhere simple so person responding to the heat alarm could give us the details fast. This cold winter seems to mess with our cooling equipment.

Is there anyway for me to see the temp from SIM? Atleast SIM is not gathering temp measurements and power usage from EVA like I can get from Blade Enclosures.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Ah, yes it is a bit cold here up north :)

In my opinion it should be visible in there - but I don't have access to a CV to see for myself and don't remember.

Hopefully somebody with access can inform us.

But, if you go into a disk shelf - does it say in there? What about the status of the sensors?
The event you get, it should say in the extra/reason field what the temperature is.

Maybe if you gathered the config dump, we can see if it's in there? I mean if it's not in there, there is something wrong.

It is possible to discover the EVA in SIM but again, don't know what it captures.
Kaukonen
Advisor

I actually confirmed this from HP support
The only way to check them is to take the configure dump

MidplaneSensor1
good
no_alarm

MidplaneSensor2
good
no_alarm

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

:/

Not very handy for somebody who would like to monitor the temperature.

But I suppose you can set up a script that captures the data from SSSU and then parses it and puts it somewhere more easily accessible.