1753823 Members
8595 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Test folder in Server1 Volume "S" don't not reflect in Server 2 Volume "S"

sugar_2
Advisor

Test folder in Server1 Volume "S" don't not reflect in Server 2 Volume "S"

Hello, finally I happen to mount the three volumes I created in my MSA 2012i (with two controllers) in the two HP DL380G6 Servers I mapped the volumes as "O", "Q" and "S" in both servers, the problem now is:

If I create a test folder in Server1 Volume "S", it does not reflect the created file in Server 2 Volume Drive "S" and viceversa, I created the three volumes using the "HP StorageWorks MSA Storage Management Utility", I mapped the three volumes to the two iSCSI hosts (server1 and server2) with rw permissions, and in the iSCSI Software Initiator I added the persistent targets as follows

Server 1: Controller A0 and B1
Server 2: Controller A1 and B0
(Please look the attached image)

Also have a question: Should I add the four controller/ports to each server in iSCSI Software Initiator? some like:

Server 1: Controller A0,A1,B0,B1
Server 2: Controller A0,A1,B0,B1

can be my bad only adding two of them in each server?

thanks in advance again! =)

Aldo
2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> If I create a test folder in Server1 Volume "S", it does not reflect the created file in Server 2 Volume Drive "S" and viceversa,

Right. That is because Windows does not know how to share a file system between multiple servers for concurrent access. It expects exclusive use and as soon as the second server mounted the volume, corruptions have started.

If you want to do that, you need additional third-party software like HP's PolyServe.
sugar_2
Advisor

Thanks for your response, in your opinion, should I add the four controller/ports to each server in iSCSI Software Initiator? (I am trying to accomplish multipath as I have two ProCurve switches)

thanks in advance!