HPE EVA Storage
1752271 Members
4473 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

The host port has detected a CSM reset for 60 minutes-Urgent.

SOLVED
Go to solution
krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

The host port has detected a CSM reset for 60 minutes-Urgent.

In Eva 5000 today the controller was automatically restarted as checked in event logs I found this error"The host port has detected a CSM reset for 60 minutes", can some one pls advice what would have caused.
8 REPLIES 8
Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor

Re: The host port has detected a CSM reset for 60 minutes-Urgent.

Can you post some more info. from u r event log file..
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

CSM is Cell State Manager, it the preocess controlling the state of other processes on the EVA controller. If a process hangs for 60 minutes it reboots the controller as the only possible solution.

This can happen after a virtual disk enters the "stalled too long" state. Look in the event log for "Indicated Virtual Disk has transitioned to Stalled Too Long". This happens if you try to delete several vdisks or snapshots in less than one minute.
Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor

Krsukuma,

Check our forum posting ...

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1322548

Check your current firmware version and see its update, else upgrade it.
krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

Hi vcespon,

I can see the error message in my log, but I am pretty sure I did not delete any Vdisk or snapshot. There are two eva 5000. These two eva are replicated between each other. There was 2 cache battery failure in one of the controller in one EVA. now the cache battery issue is fixed.

As yesterday posted errors, I digged into the event logs and found these errors too.

1)Indicated Virtual Disk has transitioned to Stalled Too Long-Corrective action code: oo
2)A non-data exchange sent to a physical disk drive has timed out-Corrective action code: 47
3)An HSV110 controller has left the Storage System-Corrective action code: ba
4)An HSV110 controller has sent a last gasp message prior to terminating operation- Corrective action code: 03
5)The HSV110 controller identified by the node_name field has begun a resynchronization operation (i.e., a restart of the controllers in a manner that has little or no impact on host system connectivity). The information.
6)A HSV110 controller has begun booting
7)The state of the Fibre Channel port identified in the attribute.value.str field and located on the rear panel of the HSV110 controller identified in the handle field has transitioned to the FAILED state- Corrective action code: c3

Not sure what made the array rebbot, cna some one help on this, I need to submit the Root cause Analysis to the customer today.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

That needs an analysys by HP support. In a CA environment the failure of the batteries on the destination EVA can lead to vdisk hang on the source EVA. This then leads to "disk is stalled too long" and 55 minutes later, CSM reset. Then the controller resync.
wittaya_s

I have the same issue with EVA4400
wittaya_s

anyone can share solution for controller reboot and all can't access vDisk on this controller with firmware XCS 09534000.

I have 2 EVA on DC and DR, controller1 on DC reboot after log in 1 DR group is full, in my opinion log full should not be the cause of controller reboot.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

wittaya - i would strongly recommend that you contact HP support for investigation of your logs.

There is no generic solution to fix your problem which should have been a new thread on this forum.