4285 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Trouble installing Command View EVA 9.3

Mattias Sj├╢din
Occasional Advisor

Trouble installing Command View EVA 9.3

Hi all,

after some days of trying to install Command View EVA v9.3 I finally believe it's time to ask all of you very wise guys at this forum!

I have a clean installed server with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 where I intend to use CVEVA. The server is not a AD controller, but a member server of an AD.

Every time I run the installation I get a popup saying "The Management Integration Framework application has failed. Command View EVA feature will not be installed." - and at the end of the installation it says that the installation failed.

From investigation (what Integration Framework is to begin with ;-) I have been able to more or less manually installed and started the framework by going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\XF and run install.bat pointing towards the .\XFROOT in the previously mentioned path.

That procedure worked like a charm; I got the "HP MIF" service and I'm able to start and stop that one without any problems.

However, after manually installing and configuring the framework I still can't install CVEVA - it fails with the message mentioned above.

What more I've done so far:
* Making sure that name resolution is in place, also trying to register the host in the hosts file
* Trying to clean up everything and tried another fresh install
* Tried different security settings (domain groups vs local groups)
* Tried turning off IPv6
* Tried turning off DEP
* Tried installing Java JRE itself
* Tried installing Flash Player (yeay)
* Endlessly google'ing....... ;-)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

/Mattias S
9 REPLIES 9
Mattias Sj├╢din
Occasional Advisor

Hi again,

one more thing:

I have also tried to install version 9.2 of CVEVA with the same result... The installation/configuration of XF framework fails. It gets extracted into C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\XF though but not configured/installed...

Thanks and best,
/Mattias
Mikko Niskanen_1
Frequent Advisor

IIRC, you need some optional features installed, at least BITS, Remote Server Administration tools, SNMP Services and Simple TCP/IP services. At least the last two are likely not installed by default.

The SSSU 9.3 requires VC9.0 SP1 redistributable packages.
Jefferson Lee_1

Hello, I am the team lead for XF.

When you run the CV install and it fails, can you zip up the contents of the XFROOT directory and send it to me? Also, is there a log file in the directory where the install.bat script is? If so, please send me that log as well. It might be called xfinstall.log.

Also, can you look and see if there is a file (not a directory but a file called "C:\Program". We had some weird issues with a bug in Windows when a file with that name exists on disk.
Mattias Sj├╢din
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

thanks for your replies!

I just tried installing once more. It turned out that the XFROOT directory is empty, and there's no log file as requested. Please see attached zip with screens...

However, I did find a log file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\ called XFSecurity_InstallLog.log - I have included that one in the zip!

Thanks, and best regards!

/Mattias S
noldi
Valued Contributor

Hi Matthias,

there is one issue with CV V9.2/V9.3 installation: if you have HP VLS Drives (Virtual tape library devices) zoned to the CV Server, the installation fails.

Try to detatch the CV Server from the SAN during installation and see if it helps.

If this is it, you can get an updated CV Server .exe from HP Service that fixes the issue so you can reattach the SAN.

Best Regards,

Arnold
Lars-Gunnar Strid

Hi,

This solved my problem!

I also had problems installing Command View. After carefully reading the installtion log I found that the installer could not find a specific file locatad in the temp folder in my profile. This was caused by me using an account containing a $-character. I then ran the installation with the Local Administrator account, problem solved!

//LG
Mattias Sj├╢din
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

thanks for all of you replies!

Unfortunately nothing I do seems to solve the problem... :-(

I have tried installing as local administrator with a password only containging "normal" characters, no spaces and such. No luck there!

I have also tried to install the suggested services and features before attempting the installation, still unsuccessful. And some more measures of course...

What I will do next is to reinstall the server and try to install CVEVA directly, before adding the server to the directory and applying SP1 and so on to see if that is helpful. If not, I probably have to use Windows Server 2003 which I know is working. At least for now!

I'll get back!

/Mattias S
Mattias Sj├╢din
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

After reinstalling Windows and skipping the installation of SP1 the installation was successful! :-)

/Mattias S
Mattias Sj├╢din
Occasional Advisor

Se previous post...