5442 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Two brocade 200E cascaded in only one fabric

WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

Two brocade 200E cascaded in only one fabric

Hi
A customer have two brocade 200E and I can see that is only one fabric formed by this two san switches.

Hi have other pair of san switches formed by two brocade 3250.

I was thinling that hi have the machine distributed on each fabric , doing more inspection I can see that all the machine vmware machine are in the 200E fabric (2 switches); all hba are of the vmware machine are in the 200E switches.

My questions:
I am going to attach a new san switches HP brocade 8/12c two the 200E fabric.

>When I do some change in zoning for examples all the 200E fabric will come down for some seconds , right?

Can I unplug the cable that is the connection from 200E to the other 200E in the way that have two fabric and not one (switch named Fabric02 port 1 or the one named Fabric04 port 1).

Regards

rperez
2 REPLIES 2
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
you should check some things:

is other fabric (3250's) connecting the same servers as 200E's one and all servers have multipath configured? If yes you can do any reconfiguration you plan.

As I know, zone change is not disruptive operation - there are 2 APIC in each switch and they handle it. My advise is to check / install latest fabric OS into 200E's (os 6.2.2b)

Jan
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

if you want to disconnect the E port between the 200E you have to ensure that each host ist connected to both 200E and has a valid multipath configurartion. If you do zoning, I/O can be interrupted, but these short interruption shouldn't result in loss of data.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick