1753797 Members
7797 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

URGENT EVA 5000 stopped presenting drives and now restarts continously

Steven Sporen

URGENT EVA 5000 stopped presenting drives and now restarts continously

Hi,

We have an EVA 5000 which has been running for around 5 years. Today it stopped presenting disks to the servers and proceeded to reboot.

The system now continously tries to reboot once reaching the WWN display which is briefly displayed. Finally resulting in a "Fault" menu being displayed.

There are no red lights on drives or shelves and both controllers are behaving the same.

This product is out of warrenty. Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: URGENT EVA 5000 stopped presenting drives and now restarts continously

Hi,
hi it seems to be fatal error during the MIST (Module integrated self-test) testing, if you see any termination event code there, report it and involve the local HP support to replace the controllers/batteries or whatever is needed

the pain is one part of the reality
Steven Sporen

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however how to I determine the problem as I can't connect via the console.

The front panel allows me to access the following information:

TC: 0403047F IDX: 27
PARAM 0: 0007D844

PARAM 1: 071E0100

PARAM 2: 00000000

PARAM 3: 00000000

Can someone help me decode this?

Thanks
Santhosh D
Valued Contributor

Here is the explanation for the termination code that you are getting...

0403047f 04 03 04 7f Undetermined Termination event is recursive -- i.e., the Termination Event Information contained in multiple recent Termination Events array entries is identical and the terminations occurred within a short interval of time.

And also this is Undetermined as of now...so no resolution available and get in touch with HP Support with a New call!