5146 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unassigned Drivers

FredrikTT
Occasional Visitor

Unassigned Drivers

Hi, my name is Fredrik

So, I have a new ProLiant DL380 Gen10 with 12 new ST8000NM000A-2KE drivers. 
The problem is that when I attach the drivers, only 10 of them apper in the storage information as "10 Unassigned Drives". I have tried to update the system both iLO5 and the device itself, checked and replaced the disks to see if that helps, done the trubbleshooting witch says that everyting is OK in the device, tried to look around the options and on google but can't find whats wrong with it. If anyone have experienced similar problems, please feel free to answer. 

Note: I looked in the Smart Storage Administrator and everything looks right in port1/2, but in Port3 only shows 2 disks insted of 4. I do see that the last 2 drivers light up when i attach them to the server.

Best regards 

Fredrik 

1 REPLY 1
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Unassigned Drivers

Hello,

I would suggest you follow the below links to connect the hard disks as well as update SA controller firmware.

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server - Cabling
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00026901en_us&docLocale=en_US

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo