3991 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ungrouping Drive

Schwarzie
Frequent Advisor

Ungrouping Drive

Hello,

I have just ungrouped a number of 300gb 15k fibre drives from an EVA8100. I waited for each drive to completely ungroup before moving on to the next.

The EVA has one Disk Group and is not yet used for production so is very quite. The Disk Group was around 40tb and has only 3.5tb of data on it.

I'm running Command View 8.00.02.080909

The EVA Firmware is currently XCS 6.2

All of the drives in this EVA were flashed with the most recent March 09 firmware.

So, the problem I have is that the very last drive I've ungrouped starts the process normally. Its only occupied with around 10gb of data so the progress bar shown in the Disk Properties window is moving up quite quickly. Once it reached 100% the bar reset itself and is now back to 0%. The Operational State is still "Operation in Progress" and the Data State is still "Ungrouping".

I did'nt have this issue with any of the previous drives. Even with the drives I've ungrouped there are still 73 drives in the original Disk Group so there is plenty of storage.

Any ideas what may be happening here? There is nothing of any significance in the event logs either.

Thanks for your help.
James
3 REPLIES 3
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
it should be logged in the controller log. Check it...
the pain is one part of the reality
Schwarzie
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. There is nothing but normal operation enteries in the EVA controller event log.
Schwarzie
Frequent Advisor

Fixed this issue by pulling the drive from the EVA and having it replaced by HP.