HPE EVA Storage
1753898 Members
7761 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows

Dario Palermo
Advisor

Re: Uninstall HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows

Some more info: I zeroed the repository and made a new one from scratch.

1) In the rep. folder now I've got:

a) CP010920 - HP ProLiant PCI-expres Power Management Update for Windows v1.3.0.0D

b) CP012775 - HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows v2.0.2

c) CP012962 - HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows v2.0.2B

2) In the VCRM, listing the components, I've got:

Driver - Chipset
HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows Version 2.0.2.0 (English (US))
HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows Version 2.0.0.0 (English (US)) (* this is CP010488)
HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows Version 1.3.0.0D (English (US))
HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows Version 1.3.0.0C (English (US))
HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows Version 1.3.0.0B (English (US))
HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows Version 1.0.0.0 (English (US))
HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows Version 2.0.2.0B (English (US))

*****STRANGE THING******
the 2.0.2B version is listed at the bottom... maybe because all other updates in the category are seen as the same (signature error?), therefore ordered by version (newer on top).
This explanation is consistent with the issue we all are having.

3) none of the server is asking me to install CP010920 - HP ProLiant PCI-expres Power Management Update for Windows v1.3.0.0D

I'm going to install manually CP010920 and then, one at a time, delete from the repository CP012775 and CP010488.

Users needing the P700m Clustering Support will be safe, as CP012962 is the newer version available and will stay in the rep.

I'll update in a few minutes...

Best Regards

Dario Palermo
Dario Palermo
Advisor

Update:

1) installed CP010920: the system now asks for CP012775
2) deleted CP012775 and made a rep. rescan to reflect it (waited for catalog rebuilding, as confirmed in the the VCRM log)

NO MORE PROBLEMS

CP010488 doesn't need to be removed.

Someone shold just test this solution on a system with P700m to check if the Clustering Software update works correctly (it should pick version 2.0.2B)

Best Regards

Dario Palermo
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Great work Dario - It sounds like the original signature conflict doesn't clean up with a simple uninstall/reinstall but requires manually deleting CP012775 and rebuilding the repository.

I'll relay that back to the team. I don't know if there is something that can be done to help clean that up automatically or if they will need to publish an advisory for how to clean up.
Eric Datwyler
Frequent Advisor

I did what Dario posted and it worked for 1 day. VCA correctly showed the Power Management update instead of the P700m clustering software. This was until I came in this morning and noticed it was back. The nightly VCRM sync re-downloaded the CP12775 update and thus my servers are back to needing the P700m clustering software update.

This seems to be an issue HP needs to fix.
JonInfrastructure
Occasional Advisor

Sorry for the 'me too' post but I figured if more people said the same issue was effecting them there was a possibility it may make HP up the priority. This has been going on for way too long HP, I'm sick of my version control agents not showing up as green, as I'm a patch Nazi...
Andre Dill

I had a similar problem. I had to remove both CP012775.exe and CP010488.exe from the repository and replace with 0 byte files of the same names (to prevent them from being re-downloaded). I then ran a catalogue rescan and now all is good.
Schinkel
Advisor

Looks like over one and a half year into this problem, HP still has found a solution: the P700m magically disappeared from our system. Nice :)

However, things are still pretty much in the dark in VCA: all our drives disappeared from the version control agent recently. They're simply not listed anymore. Reinstalling the app and rebuilding the repository does not work. HP: please help!
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

This hasn't been forgotten. Features are being worked on to help address some of these errors.
UMG-ICT
Occasional Contributor

@Curtis Ballard: do you have any news concerning this issue? Recently we did the upgrade of HP SIM to version 6.3. But we are still getting the HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows in VCA.

Lukasland

Hi all,

I think this is finally fixed - what works for me:

1) Install the newly released VCA version 7.0.0.900.

2) In the VCA, try to install the v2.0.0.0 update for v1.3.0.0 of the "HP ProLiant PCI-express Power Management Update for Windows".

3) The install fails with code 3, no action taken, as it has previously.

4) When you go back to the list of items on the VCA home page, the latest version now correctly appears as v1.3.0.0.

As an aside: after upgrading to this version of the VCA, we had to re-configure which reference support pack the VCA should use. Trying to do this with authenticate by certificate fails. Using authenticate by user/pass works. This may be specific to our setup.

Lukas