108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unpresent disk EVA 5000 - windows 2003 cluster

SOLVED
Go to solution
Standal

Unpresent disk EVA 5000 - windows 2003 cluster

Hi!

We've got a windows 2003 sp1 two node cluster running file services. The servers are connected to a EVA 5000 using MPIO. One of the vdisks presented is not in use anymore (data is moved), and we need the diskspace on another server.

So far I've removed all the resource dependencies in cluster admin, and I've deleted the physical disk resource from the cluster. OK

My question is:
Can I just unpresent the disk from the eva command console or do I have to bring the servers down and unpresent? Anything related to MPIO? Other things to remember?

Thanks for any information!
Best regards,
Standal
4 REPLIES 4
IBaltay
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Unpresent disk EVA 5000 - windows 2003 cluster

Hi,
for 2003 just unpresenting the disk should work, check it via the disk manager. You will see how it disappears after the unpresent via the CommandView. It should disappear also from the MPIO automaticaly
the pain is one part of the reality
Standal

Re: Unpresent disk EVA 5000 - windows 2003 cluster

I've unpresented the vdisk now, without any problems.
:)

Thanks, IBaltay.
ICFRE
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unpresent disk EVA 4400 - Redhat Linux 5.3

Hi!

We've got a Redhat linux server 5.3 two node cluster running oracle datbase. The servers are connected to a EVA 4400  . Some of the vdisks presented is not in use anymore (dold data present ), and i have unmounted it from server.

My question is:
If I just unpresent the disk from the eva command console , should I represent same Vdisk on same host without data loss

Thanks for any information!
Best regards,
Bhanu

Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unpresent disk EVA 4400 - Redhat Linux 5.3

Yes, you should be able to unmount and mount a LUN (vdisk) from an EVA to the same host without any data loss.