HPE EVA Storage

Upgrade CLX and Command View

bonnel_2
Occasional Advisor

Upgrade CLX and Command View

Hello,
We have configuration of CLX cluster with CLX 1.01.01 with CVEVA 6.0.2 managing two EVA8000 XCS 6.100 and we have to move this EVA on CVEVA 8.0.2
What is the good way?
1- Move all EVA8K on CVEVA8.0.2 and reconfigure CLX ressources to access on EVA then upgrade CLX from 1.01.01 to 1.03.
Or
2- Upgrade CLX to 1.03 on CVEVA 6.0.2, then move the EVA on CVEVA 8.0.2 and then reconfigure new clx ressources with the new CVEVA 8.0.2.
Thanks for your help
Yves
2 REPLIES 2
AWilliams_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Upgrade CLX and Command View

Note that if you upgrade command view from v6.x to v7,v8 or v9 you will need to get the licences upgraded otherwise you will not be able to manage your arrays or use the BC or CA facilities.
From the EVA and host points of view there are no changes when upgrading command view, so the order does not matter.
Why dont you upgrade to v9.1 rather than v8.02. There are definitely more capabilities when using v9 compared to earlier versions.
bonnel_2
Occasional Advisor

Re: Upgrade CLX and Command View

Yes I have licences for CV BC and CA, so my problem it's just to know order to do upgrade, because I the streams clx 1.01.01 isn't supported by CVEVA 8.0.2 and clx 1.03 isn't supported with CVEVA6.0.2
Thanks
Yves