Upgrade EVA6100 To 6.220 With HP Blade

SOLVED
Go to solution
AZayed
Super Advisor

Upgrade EVA6100 To 6.220 With HP Blade

Dears,
Good day,

We have EVA6100 with XCS 6.110 and HP Blade have Linux Redhat 4 Update 6 + Windows Server 2008.

Now my issue is Windows Server 2008 is cluster and it's crash a lot. Microsoft recommend to upgrade to XCS 6.220 and uses MPIO v4 to solve the crash issue. Do you think this is true ??

Also, my Linux machines have Emulex 8.0.2.40 does this work with XCS 6.220 ?? Also, it uses the default Redhat Mapper software. Should I consider upgrading to HP version 4.4 ?? And is my old configuration will continue to work ??

Finally, I increased the timeout period to 120 Seconds, I hope this period is good to reboot the two controller.

Thanks
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
4 REPLIES 4
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: Upgrade EVA6100 To 6.220 With HP Blade

Hello,
upgrading EVA firmware and mpio is prevered solution.
On linux - we run one 4 years old system setup and it runs, but is definitelly out of suport matrix. Better way is do reconfiguration, but you can try linux as is and first update EVA and mpio to solve reale issues.

Jan
Rajs
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi,

You can visit HP SPOCK site to verify XCS compatibility with RedHat Linux.

http://h20272.www2.hp.com/
Rajs
Frequent Advisor

Hi AZayed,

What did you mean by Cluster crash?

Did Micorosoft analyze dump data and gives conclustion as it crash due to MIPO driver?

If that is the case, better to upgrade MPIO first and see the status of issue..

AZayed
Super Advisor

Hi Folks,

Thanks a lot. The upgrade went successfully.
Now I need to know how to work with HP Mapper Device. And check Load Balancing policy and so on.

Thanks folks
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.