1752800 Members
5486 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade firmware of Blc 8/12c SAN Switch

Khalique
Occasional Advisor

Upgrade firmware of Blc 8/12c SAN Switch

I want to upgrade the firmware/FOS 6.4.0c of Bl 8/12c SAN switch (part number AJ820A). So, I have downloaded zip file from HP support and driver site. Now I want to now a little confusion. Do I need to copy the whole contents of found in the zip file on my FTP server to upgrade my SAN switch or I have to copy only folder particular folder on my FTP server, if yes, how do I recognize which folder is related to my SAN switches. As I found a text file containing platform ID. But I am unable to locate for Brocade 5480 - (AJ820A) 8Gb SAN Switch for HP BladeSystem c-Class. Please guide me through the complete procedure.
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor

Place the entire contents of the file on your FTP server keeping the toplevel folder (which in this file should be v6.4.0c).
Then in the GUI you can initiate a firmware update by pointing at your FTP server and then the folder created by the unzip process. So if you unzipped the firmware file tot he root of your FTP server the folder should be "v6.4.0c"
OR you can do the same thing from the CLI by logging in via telnet (or SSH if enabled) and running the command "firmwaredownload" and following the prompts. Again when adked for the file to download just point it at the "v6.4.0c" directory on your FTP server.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Which firmware level are you at now?

As stated... unzip the file and place all the contents on your ftp server. Assuming you are doing the upgrade from the command line... when you specify the release.plist file... it will automatically find the right folder to copy the needed files from.

If you are at 6.2.x or earlier... you may need to upgrade to 6.3.x first, or 6.2.x then 6.3.x... in order to get to 6.4.x.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)