New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade of EVA 4400 Switches

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrea Lato
Occasional Advisor

Upgrade of EVA 4400 Switches

Hello,
I have an EVA 4400 Dual controller with embedded switches.
The switches are running firmware version 6.3.1c
Yesterday one switch had a reboot with the following error "processor rebooted. Software fault. Kernel Panic"

So I decided to upgrade the firmware and downloaded firmware version 6.4.1b (Windows version) but I do not understand how to upgrade it. In Switch Admin I have the opportunity to upload the firmware but after unzipping the downloaded file there is no instruction on WHAT FILE I SHOULD UPLOAD

Thanks for any advice on this matter
4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi, see http://www.guldmyr.com/blog/brocade-san-switch-firmware-upgrades/ for some information.

But basically inside the switch admin you point to an ftp/scp server that has the whole .zip extracted. You need the whole .zip file.
Andrea Lato
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, this solved my problem.
To make things easier for anyone looking on this thread here's a summary

Note: version 6 does not require to specify the exact folder location SWBDxx: it just needs the root containing "the install" file

1) Unzip the downloaded firmware in the FTP download dir
2) Start the FTP Server
3) Connect to the switch via telnet
4) launch "firmwaredownload"
5) Answer all questions: when it asks for File Name be sure to write /v6.4.1b, that is the folder under which you find all the SWBDxx folders. Failing to do so made impossible to download the firmware
6) Wait for reboot of the switch and reconnect, check the firmware version with the "version" command
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Great :)

Yes, the newer FOS are a little easier to upgrade.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It was FOS 5.3 that first didn't need the "release.plist".

Too many people were "creative" instead of simply following the instructions ;-)