HPE EVA Storage

What exactly means Mirror MB/s in EVAPerf?

sam bell
Regular Advisor

What exactly means Mirror MB/s in EVAPerf?

Hi,

we currently have a Windows host with a dual channel 2gbps FCA attached to an EVA6400.

In the attached screenshot of EVAPerf you see about 400MBps reads from the LUN named konr3_m.
You can also see that the LUN is presented to controller A.

Do you know why do I see about 200MB/s on both controller A and B (Q034/Q01M)? Shouldn't I see the reads only on the controller to which the LUN is presented?

Are these "real" 400MB/s or has this something to do with the Mirror MB/s value? Maybe the "real" 200MB/s of the LUN owning controller mirrors everything to the second controller so in case the owning controller breaks the data is presented in the second controllers cache as well?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
sam bell
Regular Advisor

Re: What exactly means Mirror MB/s in EVAPerf?

I think I just found a good article on this:

http://www.randystanley.com/?p=6

After enabling ALB, the mirror traffic was gone. Do you know whether there exist some HP documentation on this topic?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Not sure if there is an HP specific document about this. Maybe if you search for HP storage whitepapers?

Topics on ALUA would probably also be interesting to you.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

ALB (Adaptive Load Balance) is discussed in the install guide with the "HP MPIO Full Featured DSM for EVA" package.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo