5977 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where is DCFM port binding ?

Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

Where is DCFM port binding ?

Hello

In older versions of DCFM, activating port binding was easy,you would go to "switch group", highlight the switch,right click Element manager -> ports, right click on the port and select: "Bind WWN to port" and that was it.

I am at a new site and they use DCFM 10.4.5 and that option has disappeared !?!?

How can I bind the port to the wwn of the HBA connected to it ? Is this still supported ?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi!

What is port binding?
Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

It's the action of linking a WWN to a particular port so that no other HBA can connect to it. In other words, if you connect any other equipment with a different WWN to the port, it won't work. On the down side, if you replace the HBA card on the server side you have to rebind the port to the new card's WWN to enable it.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Ah cool, I can see the usefulness of it :)

Looks like it's the equivalent of the CLI command [wwwnaddress --bind WWN PID] you are looking for.

I'll see if I can perhaps find it in the manuals.

Which version of DCFM are you running?
Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

DCFM 10.4.5, it's a version that I'm not familiar with yet.It used to be very simple to do in the old versions.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

What I meant was is it professional, pro plus or enterprise?
Christian Tremblay
Trusted Contributor

I don't know, I'm out of the office until Monday.How can I find out which version I'm using ? The about tab in the GUI just gives the version number.

All I could find searching the documentation is "fabric binding" which seems to be a fabric wide set of security rules applying to the whole fabric. I still have to lookout the details but it seems like overkill to me as it seems to reconfigure the whole fabric and requires fabric downtime. Maybe port binding is now part of that ? I don't know and I don't want to go to that extent. All I want to be able to do is bind ONE port to ONE WWN card.

It used to be very simple: You just had to right click on the port and one of the items in the pulldown menu was: "Bind port to WWN" You just had to click on it and voil├Г  !! Done.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Well, there is the CLI command wwwnaddress which does what you want. But maybe they have taken it out/moved it from DCFM..

I couldn't find it anywhere either in the guides. Neither in the mybrocade forums.