1751969 Members
5072 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows 2008 with P2000 / Msa2xxxx MPIO

daniel pangallo
Advisor

Windows 2008 with P2000 / Msa2xxxx MPIO

Does anyone know if Hp will supply an MPIO DSM for the P2000 G3 storage running Windows 2008. So far HP is recommending to use Microsoft's bundled MPIO component
8 REPLIES 8
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

It seems that as of January there is a v4.01.01 that might do the trick for you. Here is the URL for MPIO, just drill down the MSA side.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=421492&taskId=135

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

co-79866-1, v4.01.01 from 27 Jan 2010 is the DSM *manager* used to manage DSMs, but not a DSM itself.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Actually it includes everything. It is 51MB in size and we have used it. So it should do the trick, unless I have missed something :)
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Interesting.

According to the Readme it "now includes Microsoft redistributable packages" which explains the increased size (but I have not looked into the ZIP).

What makes me wonder is section
IV. System Requirements
and
V. Installing HP MPIO DSM Manager:
"Ensure that the system meets the requirements for the components that you plan to install (refer Section IV)."

Which made me believe that one has to install the array-specific DSMs first or use/configure the MS DSM before one installs the DSM manager.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

I know I did the same double take when we looked at it a few weeks ago. But I gave this package to the "guys" and it did the trick for them. :) Go figure, it looks like this package is the same for all EVAs and MSAs also. Most of them point to this package. Maybe HP has decided to roll everything into one. :)
Francois Fournier

So people don├в t have to search the way i did here is the installation instruction for the HP DSM on windows 2008 R2

Download the HP DSM (4.01.01 as of this writing)
Install your server
Install the MPIO feature on Windows 2008 R2
Install the HP DSM package
Present the disk to the Server
run the command prompt (In ├в Administrator mode├в or disable the UAC and reboot)
run the ├в mpclaim ├в e├в (This will give you the tag for the HP device)
run the mpclaim ├в r ├в I ├в d ├в TAG ├в (where tag is the one in the previous command
The server will reboot
Once the server reboot the HP DSM will show the disks presented to the server.
Life's a bitch aint'it
gparker
Advisor

Hi,

I've got an MSA P2000 G3 FC array and I want to connect a Windows 2008 R2 server to it. I have 1 Brocade FC switch. I've connected array ports A1 and B1 to the switch along with one of the HBA ports from the server. I've installed the MPIO Feature in Windows 2008 R2. I created a vDisk and a Volume and mapped the it to ports A1 and B1. When I do a rescan in Windows Disk Management, the volume appears twice.

I read the "HP Storageworks MSA System MPIO DSM Installation Guide" and I saw that I had to run 2 commands - ocsetup MultipathIo /norestart and mpclaim -n -i -a. I ran these commands, but the volume still appears twice.

What am I doing wrong?

George.