1752595 Members
3975 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XCS Firm code upgrade/ Command View Licence

Jayachandra Kumar

XCS Firm code upgrade/ Command View Licence

Hi

I have EVA4000 with command view version 8.0.2 and 6.0.2 and XCS 6.220 and 5.110 on the EVA 400o..
Can you please help me for upgrading XCS Firm code and command view do we need to prachace licence.. if so what will be cost?

Thanks and Regards
Jay
11 REPLIES 11
sreekanthtm
Trusted Contributor

I think, there is no need for licence to upgrade EVA firmware... You can raise a support case with HP to get latest/recommended firmware... else you can try downloading from here..
https://h20589.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=T4256-63125
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hmm.. that link sreekanth posted goes to EVA4400/6400/8400 and it has old versions of both XCS and CV in it.

I would go to http://software.hp.com
then search for: 9.3

This will give you the link to Command View 9.3

then

Search for: 6.220

This will give you link to download XCS 6.220.

Also please read the updating guides and release notes for both CV and XCS - you may to have to upgrade some of these in steps.

And while you're at it, I would recommend looking over SAN switch, FC HBA, OS patches/drivers/mpio for old firmwares too.
Jayachandra Kumar

HP can you please confom that we dont need to purchace licence for command view and firmcode upgrade

Thanks and Regards
Jay
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, why don't you call HP? Back in my day the firmware you did not have to pay for.
But to have somebody from HP upgrade it for you, that you had to pay for.

You have to pay for the CV license as well.. Command View is not free.
Jayachandra Kumar

Thanks for your responce ...i tried to call HP..iam not getting right Ans.. can u please help what will be the cost of CV licence for One year/more
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi jeya,

Below would be clarify your doubts.

Firstly, If both EVAs shipped after June 2007, The command view EVA license will be included in the Purchase order (its only a Paper License) at the same time this will not be applied if the Command View EVA is 6.

The command view EVA license will be application from the CV version 7 onwards.

Please let me know about the License status of the EVA which is managing through CV version 8.0.2. If it is already applied license then no issues.

Now comes to second EVA, Involve the HP support Engineer/Account manager to avail the Command View EVA License(it can be generated from HP internal sites if the CV License is included as a part of HP Purchase order).

You can upgrade the XCS on the second EVA(which is having 5110) to latest - It may require 2 Steps 5110-6110-6220.

You can upgrade to 6110 using CV 6.0.2 then upgrade to CV 9.3 to upgrade to 6220

Anyway u will get the trail period after install new CV 9.3(i think around 45 days or 60 days). So in that time you can apply the license which you get from HP.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

***** STOP ***** STOP ***** STOP *****

Do NOT, I repeat: DO NOT install a "trial" version of CV-EVA or upgrade from V6 or older to V7 or higher U-N-L-E-S-S you have the necessary license keys present !!

Really, Really, Really, do yourself that favour and be patient.

I DO NOT kid you!! I have seen several customers get into trouble that way.
Jayachandra Kumar

Hi

Can we upgrade firmware code without upgrading command view 6.02 will be fine/ do we need to purchase command view licence for for version 7.0 for firmwared cod upgrade

Please conform
Andy_R
Frequent Advisor

1. You can upgrade the firmware code without upgrading CV.

See http://h50146.www5.hp.com/products/connectivity/img/eva_software_compatibility_reference.pdf for more details about EVA software compatibility.

2. No, you don't have to buy a license to upgrade the firmware on CV 7. The license is only required for managing the EVA (creating LUNs, presentations, ...)

If you upgrade Command View without a valid license then you won't be able to manage your EVA anymore.