add container eva

Michael O'brien_1
Regular Advisor

add container eva

Hi,

I am trying to add a number of container's to EVA8100. I am able to add containers via the clui but when I try to use sssu to add with a number of containers it doesn't seem to work. Is there a difference between the syntax? Some documentation uses REDUNDANCY=VRAID5 and others uses VRAID_LEVEL=raid5 with the add container command.

Thanks
Michael

3 REPLIES 3
DogBytes
Valued Contributor

Re: add container eva

Redundancy=Vraid1 is the default, does it work without specifying a redundancy option? Do any SSSU commands work for you? If not, you should confirm you have the correct version of SSSU and also confirm the account has admin privilege (is a member of "HP Storage Admins" group).

Hope that helps.

- R.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

What version of Command View for EVA do you have?
When you start SSSU, what does the version banner show?

As mentioned above, there have been updates to the SSSU utility as Command View has evolved. It is most likely you are using the same credentials you use to log in to Command View, and you need the current version of SSSU. For use with Command View EVA 9.1, my SSSU shows:

SSSU for HP StorageWorks Command View EVA
Version: 9.1.0
Build: 050509A

========================================================================
As you view these answers, please rate them, and all the other replies with unassigned points by assigning points on a scale of 1-10. To assign points, simply login and click the dropdown points menu next to each reply. Use the following scale when rating a response:

N/A: The reply was a clarification to my original question
1-3: The answer didn't help answer my question, but thanks anyhow!
4-7: The answer helped with a portion of my question, but I still need help.
8-10: The answer has solved my problem completely! I'm a happy camper!

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Michael O'brien_1
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I changed the vraid_level=raid5 to REDUNDANCY=Vraid5 in script and it worked. It looks like there is a difference in the sssu syntax and the command view syntax. The rest of the script work fine and I was able to BC the data set.

Thank you for your help and responses.

Cheers
Michael