4277 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: aptpolicy DLS IOD

Karlheinz Krauss
Occasional Advisor

aptpolicy DLS IOD

Hello there,

I know that the parameters aptpolicy, DLS and IOD have to be set in a routed FC environment ( ILS between switches ) with CA EVA.

Do these parameters have to be changed when there is no routing between FC switches ?? ( only one switch per fabric ) ??.

best regards

Karlheinz
11 REPLIES 11
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
yes to be perfectly sure, in the EVA CA environment it should be set as follows:
aptpolicy=1
IOD enabled
DLS disabled
the pain is one part of the reality
Karlheinz Krauss
Occasional Advisor

Hello IBaltay,

these parameters just have something to do with ISL and routing, so why ??

All information I found was about B-series switches and Routing. No Information about single switch fabrics.

best regards

Karlheinz

IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
maybe this doc could help you:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01081582/c01081582.pdf
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

the Aptpolicy setting is local to the switch. If Aptpolicy is set to exchange based routing and if DLS is enabled the routes will be reconfigured after each change in the fabric. If DLS is disabled existing routes move only if the current route is broken. So in addition to HP tested/recommended EVA CA settings, there is no need to try to reconfigure the routes after each change in your fabric in which there is no routing...
Karlheinz Krauss
Occasional Advisor

Hi IBaltay

know that document very well.

Maybe I dont understand the term routing.

Why should a route be changed if there is no route. If you look into the switch admin in advance parameters>>routing, there are no routes in a single switch fabric that even could be changed.

??
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I don't think you need APTPOLICY or DLS, but can you rule out that the fabric will NEVER will be expanded?

Changing those parameters requires you to take the switch offline. If you make the changes today, you can easily expand later.
Karlheinz Krauss
Occasional Advisor

Hi IBaltay,
Hi Uwe,

know all documents mentioned, all off them cover the routing theme but not a single switch.

Uwe I believe you are right. So if I'm sure the fabric will never be expanded, I can leave the default settings ?

best regards,

Karlheinz