1753730 Members
4502 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: continuous access on eva query

krs2prs
Advisor

continuous access on eva query

o Is there a method to stop CA Data Replication from logging all disk transactions and filling up the disk groups?
o Is there a process to remove the existing CA Data Replication configuration in the event of an EVA Failure so a new configuration can be applied?
o Is there a process to delete a VDisk that is a member of a CA Data Replication group when the connection is suspended?

regards,
krs
4 REPLIES 4
KathyL1
Valued Contributor

I thought the 'logging' was only there to provide a cache for replication when the link fails. Normally there should be no data in the log.
You can delete the replication group provided it is not suspended. I have had a case where nothing would allow me to do this and HP eventually modified CV to allow me to delete the replication group.
McCready
Valued Contributor

>>Is there a method to stop CA Data Replication from logging all disk transactions and filling up the disk groups?

You should be able to put a limit on the log size via the DR group "log" tab

>>o Is there a process to remove the existing CA Data Replication configuration in the event of an EVA Failure so a new configuration can be applied?

If the far side failed, you should just be able to delete the DR group (the local disks will always remain there) and that will do it.

>>o Is there a process to delete a VDisk that is a member of a CA Data Replication group when the connection is suspended?

Have not tried it, but I would think that deleting the DR group would do it.

Of course, if you delete the DR group, or the logs fill us, to restart replication you will have to do a full copy on each vdisk.
check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group
krs2prs
Advisor

I know that we can limit the log sizes but is there a way to stop it from logging?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

No, Continous Access is defined that way. When the link fails or is suspended, the changes done to the source vdisks are logged so they are sent to the destination vdisk once the replication is resumed.

The alternative is to use the smallest log disk possible (136 Mb, 1,624 MB or 5 GB depending on the EVA model and firmware) and let it fill. Then it will stop logging, delete the log disk and mark the source vdisk for a full copy.

But this will copy a lot more data than just the changes. The replication link will be more saturated and the host access will be slow down (since one host I/O is performed for each 2 copy I/Os).