HPE EVA Storage

cv 9.2 e-mail notification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shael Richmond
Frequent Advisor

cv 9.2 e-mail notification

Has anybody else tried this new functionality? I've added my e-mail address and configured the smtp server but I never see an e-mail? I've tried this on both the management module and external server version.
6 REPLIES 6
CLEB
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: cv 9.2 e-mail notification

I've got this configured.

You have to configure the categories for the alerts you want to receive.

You configure that per EVA. Go to System options, Configure email notification, Configure email notification list and events.

I had to deselect Hardware condition changes as I kept getting emails about battery conditions.
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

It's a better idea to install Insight Remote Support. It's free and contains rules to analyze the events. It does not notify you on every single event, just when something requires attention. It also opens a case on HP if there's a failure.
Shael Richmond
Frequent Advisor

>I've got this configured.
>
>You have to configure the categories for the >alerts you want to receive.
>
>You configure that per EVA. Go to System >options, Configure email notification, >Configure email notification list and events.
>
>I had to deselect Hardware condition changes >as I kept getting emails about battery >conditions.

I had done this. I have both disk capacity and hardware condition checked. Even when I forced a disk group capacity alarm, no e-mail. Is there a log that would show any e-mail errors?

HP indicated I had to turn on SNMP notifications as well, but that didn't make sense.
Shael Richmond
Frequent Advisor

>It's a better idea to install Insight Remote >Support. It's free and contains rules to >analyze the events. It does not notify you on >every single event, just when something >requires attention. It also opens a case on >HP if there's a failure.

It's on my to-do list but most of my EVA's don't have an external management server.
CLEB
Valued Contributor

I've used my smtp servers IP and not hostname. Have you tried that?
Shael Richmond
Frequent Advisor

>I've used my smtp servers IP and not >hostname. Have you tried that?

Yes - that was the first thing I changed.