9351 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: effects on Oracle Rac on enabling SSP on MSA1500

Syed Ehtisham
Advisor

effects on Oracle Rac on enabling SSP on MSA1500

Dear All,
I've a MSA1500 Running with 9LUNS and a mix environment of windows and HP-Ux servers. Currently SSP is disabled(by defaul) and All Hosts can see all 9LUNS. I also have an Oracle RAC that uses RAW Disk from MSA1500. HP-Ux servers running fine, but the problem is with Windows, Disk Managment can see all 9LUNS and by mistake if some one initialize the LUN that is present to Other Host. This results in Data Corruption (that is a normal behaviour). Since it is a production environment. I've below Questions:
1. I want to know if i enable the SSP, Do all 9LUNs will be disappear from All Hosts?

2. If i shutdown the whole environment and enable the SSP option and configure all LUNs to their respective Hosts, in such case, Can i still use the RAW disk space for my Oracle RAC?

3. Can i configure that Oracle RAC to use RAID LUN instead of Raw Space.

I'm a newbie on this environment and never experienced this situation before. And as far as i believe, After enabling the SSP Feature, RAW Diskspace cannot be present to Host.
2 REPLIES 2
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

with this config you definately need to enable SSP, so the windows host do not see the RAC's Luns. So If you enable SSP, then assign the WWN's in the Host List a Alias for each server's HBA, then assign each Lun to the Server you want to have access and save the settings it will all work.
Syed Ehtisham
Advisor

Dear Martin,
Thanks for a swift reply. Again my question is:

1. What about the Oracle RAC?
Is there anything i need to change in the oracle config?

2. Attached please find the configuration that i've seen on ACU, this might help you sort out the situation.