HPE EVA Storage
1752782 Members
6003 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: eva 6000 event an internal logical disk has transitioned to the snapshot overcommit state

SOLVED
Go to solution
ilayy
Regular Advisor

eva 6000 event an internal logical disk has transitioned to the snapshot overcommit state

hi all
i have an eva 6000 after replacing a bad disk i have got the following
1) a red cross on a vdisk that appear automaticaly i didn't create it which has size 0 vraid0 and is not presented to any host and also i have no option to delete it like the attachement shows
2)in the controller event log i found an error on the same date that the vdisk was created the error is
an internal logical disk has transitioned to the snapshot overcommit state corrective action code 50
sequence :#135983
event code:09cb500S
3) at the eva level the state is: warning initialized

please assist
19 REPLIES 19
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: eva 6000 event an internal logical disk has transitioned to the snapshot overcommit state

Hey, it's not from a DR from another EVA or something like that? Maybe you need to delete it on the other side first.

Tried restart CV service?
What version of CV are you running?
Delete from SSSU?
A restart of the master controller might also do the trick.
ilayy
Regular Advisor

hi
i am not so expert so please if you can make it more clear for me.
yes it is true there is another eva and there is replication between them but on the other eva i have no error on any vdisk and what do you mean by DR?
john_347
Regular Advisor

Hi all,

If in doubt contact HP support and they can lead you through the problem. Thats what we pay support for..

regards
jc
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

DR / Data Replication

Maybe you have DR set up from a vdisk (that is not vraid0) on the other EVA (MVICEVA02).

And then on the EVA with the failed disk (MVICEVA01) - you set the replicated copy up as a vraid0.
When you had a disk failure on EVA2 the vraid0 obviously broke.

Just a theory. It's probably something else.

In your 1st statement you said you hadn't created anything and then in the 2nd it said that you found a snapshot error when it was created?

And yes, if you see this kind of error and don't know what it is - contact HP support. Especially if you are not so experienced with the EVA it is probably a very good idea.
ilayy
Regular Advisor

hi all
no i didn't create anything it appears alone and yes i have replication . between the 2 eva. as it is vraid0 and it is not presented so how i can delete it?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Tried restart CV service?
What version of CV are you running?
Delete from SSSU?
A restart of the master controller might also do the trick.

ilayy
Regular Advisor

one more question please if i need to do other job on the eva like creating vdisk is that present any risk?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

If you want to assess your whole system for any risks, you should probably have somebody do a deep check in the logs and the configuration for you..
ilayy
Regular Advisor

hi all
i need to know how the continuos access work to be able to solve this problem
can you provide me some link or documents please?
i have searched the net with but nothing has been found