HPE EVA Storage

eva 8100 storage centric vs multi product cablings

Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

eva 8100 storage centric vs multi product cablings

what is the difference between storage centric and multi product storage cabling in eva 8100.

i have 8100 with 2c2d with multi product cabling and i am planning to upgrade to 2c4d.
As per multi product diagram,, do i need to keep the controllers in ID 2 itself ????

2 REPLIES 2
Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

Re: eva 8100 storage centric vs multi product cablings

i understood that multi product cabling is for installing any other devices like backup library and servers on the same eva rack.

now i only need the 2c2d to 2c4d upgrade ... if i am upgrading 2c2d to 2c4d or 2c2d to 2c6d... in this case my controllers will be places as it is in the down ... so how the enclosure are balanced between the controllers ???

but in storage centric cabling the controllers are by default placed in center of the rack...
but in multi product rack , the controllers are placed in bottom of the rack, just above 1st disk enclosure... i need to clarify this....
susanta_dutta
Trusted Contributor

Re: eva 8100 storage centric vs multi product cablings

Hi Navaneeda,

You need to lift up the controller by one more disk enclosure, so, your recommended configuration is below 2D on Device Loop # 1 , Then Controller Enclosure (2C) and then above 2D on device Loop 2. For more detailed information refer the document titled â HP StorageWorks 4x00/6x00/8x00Enterprise Virtual Array hardware configuration guideâ available at http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01364500/c01364500.pdf

Regards
Susanta