4544 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: eva6000 disk failure replacement

ilayy
Regular Advisor

eva6000 disk failure replacement

hi all
i have an eva 6000 on which there is a near online disk group.i have had a disk failure on this disk group and a message appear when selecting the disk group indicating that a hardware failure has occured but the failed disk didn't appear under ungrouped disk group and i couldn't find it under the near online disk group so i have replaced the failed disk by a new one and the i have joined the new disk to the disk group and the leveling is ended but i still have the same error at the disk group level indicating that a hardware failure has occured so please advice how can i solve it ? and why it happened ?
7 REPLIES 7
ColinF
Advisor

If you are sure there are no other issues still being reported on the disk group. Have you tried restarting the command view service on your management server? I have seen similar issues before, a restart of the command view service fixed the issue.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

yeup, restart the service, maybe that's why.

also a good idea would be to maybe go through all the hardware and see if there are any faults reported there?
and of course, look in the controller event log ;)
sreekanthtm
Trusted Contributor

How did you make sure that you have replaced exactly the faulty drive?. I would suggest you to restart the CV service first.. then you have to expand "Hardware" in the left hand side pannel, and click each hard disk and verify the status... i feel the failed HDD is still there, and you have to replace it.
Jorge Pons
Trusted Contributor

Hi

Two questions:
1. like sreekanthtm says, are you sure you replace fail disk?
2. Its probably you change the correct disk, but the problem was in bay, not disk.

Usually is not necessary to restart services, when the leveling end, all go to OK.

Regards, Jorge
Taurian
Valued Contributor

Just restart the Command View EVA server. If that doesn't solve the issue, then let have the screenshot from the command view eva where the error is indicated.

Rgds,
Taurian.
ilayy
Regular Advisor

hi all
after restarting the service the problem is solved but i have received a new error please find attached a print screen.
is that a snapshot? please advice thanks for your help
ColinF
Advisor

Did you have a vRaid0 vDisk in the diskgroup that had the drive failure? vRaid0 vDisks cannot survive a failure of a disk in their disk group.