HPE EVA Storage

hardware failure occured in the disk group

NDO
Super Advisor

hardware failure occured in the disk group

Hi all

I have an EVA4000, with 2 HSV200 controllers, and 4 disk enclosures.

On enclosure 4, on drive bay 2 the disk is unidentifiable, and on the DG properties the following message pops up:

A hardware failure as occurred in this disk group. The advance virtualization features of your system have prevented any data, from being lost, but the level of protection in the disk group is degraded. Please repair the hardware failure as soon as possible to restore maximum hardware failure protection to your system.

If you already repaired this disk group, the system is in the process of redistributing data across the group disk´s drives. Redistribution may take some time, depending on the size of the group and its drives. This message will continue to appear until that action is complete

But no leveling is taking place, because it says leveling INACTIVE, although all disks are flashing.

Please can you help me on this.

FR

3 REPLIES 3
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Re: hardware failure occured in the disk group

Hi

First off all the message is a standard message when a disk fails with out warnings

and it means the EVA is rebuilding parity.

the most important thing is if the servers connected to the EVA are working.

Now the question is how long to wait before you do anything if everything is working wait at least

a day. If you have support from HP I would open a call to have HP level 2 support involved

if the situation continues they should advice what to do usually if this situation remains they usually restart a controller or do a controller resync.

Regards

give a Kudo if you liked

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

"But no leveling is taking place, because it says leveling INACTIVE, although all disks are flashing."

Are there any reconstruction going on?

If you don't see it in CV perhaps you can find an event for it in the controller event log.

NDO
Super Advisor

Hi

Thansk for the responses,

all the servers are working fine so far, oon saturday, I changed the battery cache on controller B, but I dont think this has got anything to do wiyh it.

Event log does not show me any errors, but I cannot open the files anyway,

Reconstruction.I would´nt know if this is happening.

FRcont_eve_log.jpg