1753773 Members
6042 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: how to remove fata group

renegade7
Advisor

how to remove fata group

Hy, i have a storage array fata with 9 disks in fata disk group attached on eva 4100. from comamnd view web management i can't ungorup any disks and then i can't remove a disk group fata. please who has a solution, also forced, for remove totally the fata group??

thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage > General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) - Hp forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

First check there are no Vdisks on that group if there are delete them then you can delete the disk group as long as there is still another disk group in the EVA.

Regrads

renegade7
Advisor

thank you very mutch. now the condition in disk group fata is:

1- all virtual disk fata are deleted

2- 3 hdd fata are ungrouped, 4 hdd fata are in reverting and after 3 days is 0% and 1 hdd fata is in recostruction and afte 3 days is 0%.

On disk group this state don't permit anything operation and then don't permi delete disk group. Do you have some solution a this very strange problem.

Regrads

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

Can't you regroup the ungrouped disks  set protection at none and then delete the disk group. A disk group can not go below 8 disks.

You might need to do a resync on the EVA but if you have a support contract I would open a call with HP

Regards