1753757 Members
4830 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

iSCSI Local Mount corrupted

ChopKC
Occasional Contributor

iSCSI Local Mount corrupted

I have an X1600 running Win2008 and iscsi that has worked well for over a year now with no problems or changes.  Now after a recent windows update the servers that use the X1600 as an iscsi target will not login and show their desktop icons and start menu.  Once I disabled iSCSI on those servers they were able to login and continue to function properly although their iscsci connections were obviously gone.  However, the X1600 will not login now if the iscsi services are enabled.  The only pertinent errors I can find in the event log says that one of my local drives is corrupt and unusable and that I need to run chkdsk and the Virtual Disk service is having trouble starting but it doesn't give a reason.  There are no hardware errors and no disk errors.  I believe this drive (which does not showup under storage management or windows explorer) is an iscsi target that I had mounted locally on the X1600 so I could manage the files from it as well as my server using it as a target.  When I disable the iscsi services I can login to the x1600.  I have removed all references to the drive in question in the registry after backing it up but still no luck at login on the X1600.  Any ideas?