1753722 Members
4816 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iscsi cartd installation

ats1
Frequent Advisor

iscsi cartd installation

i order a msa2312i bay.And the command arrive without iscsi cables. it's possible to connect a simple Ethernet card or a cross card?
What kind od cable may i use?

help me please
8 REPLIES 8
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

There is no seperate cable called iscsi cable. Simple Ethernet cable will serve the purpose.
ats1
Frequent Advisor

how can I interconnect cable between the bay and the server? directly or through a switch?
what ip address should I give of iscsi card on the bay and those of the servers? is a crossover cable or straight?

Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

If it is a 2 Controller MSA, then you can connect one Straight cable from each controller to switch. Then you can assign 2 IP addresses for those ports and from client side you can configure the iscsi initiator with those 2 IP addresses as iscsi targets.
ats1
Frequent Advisor

i don't have switch, it's possible to connecte themn directly? have you got a documentation of msa2000i G2 or msa 2312i?
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can connect to a server without any switch. You can use the same straight cable for connecting server and storage (for 1Gb ports u can use straight cable for cross connctions also).

If it is a dual controller then try to utilize port from each controller and utilize 2 ports on the server (if the server is having more than 2 ports) and configure multipathing to achieve the controller redundancy.

You can find teh user guides on the below location.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3971510#2
ats1
Frequent Advisor

iscsi cards of the bay, and iscsi card of servers must be in the same subnets, since they are interconnecting. is this correct?
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Yes, It should be simple network connectivity between server NIC and Storage iscsi port.
ats1
Frequent Advisor

i see the disk now. but i have a miltpathing problem. where can i download MPIO for linux redhat?