6115 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

move from EVA5000 to 6400 - active/pasive to active/active

andersen_1
Occasional Contributor

move from EVA5000 to 6400 - active/pasive to active/active

Hi.

I have a questions regarding going from a EVA 5000 where we're using active/pasive and to use a EVA 64000, where we'll be using active/active.

We have several HP-UX 11.11 and a few 11.23 that have several vdisks presented, and we're going to use lvm to mirror the data from one SAN to another, but I would like to know if anyone have some idea to what is best practice, or have tried it before?

We have securepath installed now, and have at the same time installed autopath so that we can use both communication forms.

I'm aware of the firmware og both HBA and also the PDC can be a problem if that is not update.

Please let me know, if there is an "easy way out of this".

Regards

Jan.
\JA.
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: move from EVA5000 to 6400 - active/pasive to active/active

Basically check in this web that the SAN and servers meet the minimum requirements for the EVA6400.

http://h20272.www2.hp.com/

EVA5000 must have firmware 3110 or 4100, they are the only supported ones now.

You could also use the Command View instant-on license, or a CA 30-day license to perform the migration using Continuous Access. It's the way it's done on most cases.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

LVM and mirroring would do fine with HP-UX.

Getting rid of the 5000? Once you have everything moved over to the 6400, you *could* re-initialize it AND, upgrade the VCS firmware from 3.x (active/passive) to 4.x (active/active). I've seen a few customers do that, then keep the 5000 for lab, testing, and development.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

andersen_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

We've managed to get the data mirrored using lvm.

\JA.