1753302 Members
6672 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: msa2324 volume won't show up in windows 2003 Disk Manager

ecomboy
Occasional Advisor

msa2324 volume won't show up in windows 2003 Disk Manager

Hi, I have dual HP DL385 G5 servers with dual FC hba's into an MSA2324 with dual cards in it and 1 sas output to an MSA70 shelf. All 48 drives are dual port and 300gb. I have several raid1 volumes created and those are showing up in windows 2003 server just fine.
Problem: the next vdisk I made has 10 drives in it and I split that into two volumes. Neither of the volumes show up on the server.
what gives? Thank you. Dave
8 REPLIES 8
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

Dave, what are the size details of the Vdisk and volumes?

ecomboy
Occasional Advisor

Amol thank you for responding. properties of the vdisk overview are:component disk = 4, capacity = 599.4GB. component volumes = 1, capacity 599.4GB. Thanks again. I am attaching a gif file for your review. Dave.
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

OS does not bother about the RAID level. I was concerned about the Vdisk/volume size... all looks ok.

Hows the mapping done? Is this the first time you are presenting the LUN to this server?

If yes, is the zoning correct? did u see the server WWNs when mapping the drives or did u add it manually?

OS is windows...have you tried to reboot the server?
ecomboy
Occasional Advisor

Hi Amol, thank you. I attached a picture of the 1 raid 10 volume that won't show up on the server. I restarted the server and still do not see it. It seems to be mapped okay. I also did an explicit map and then rescanned to no avail. Funny - all my raid1 volumes show up no problem. Thank you for looking at this. Dave Heller
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Does "LUN 300" indicate the LUN address? Many device drivers can only access Fibre Channel LUNs betwwen 0 and 255.
ecomboy
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I changed the mapping to "222" did a rescan and restarted the server also. Still not showing up in disk manager. See attached. thank you good to know anyway.
ecomboy
Occasional Advisor

I power cycled everything and it's now working like it should. started the MSA70 then the MSA2324 and then the 1 server in the cluster. Thank you Amol and Uwe.
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

I am assuming that there is no switch connected as the ports are FL. correct?