New Discussion юеВ

Re: ref: Cannot access HP StorageWorks 8/20q FC Switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
spekyteky
Frequent Advisor

ref: Cannot access HP StorageWorks 8/20q FC Switch

Hi Folks,

Hope i am in the right area if not apologies.............I have managed to purchase x3 HP StorageWorks 8/20q FC Switches but i cant seem to gain access to them, I have tried resetting it using a pin which seems to take it to its default ip but not default user as it wont log me in using the default "admin" user and default password "password", i can access it from maintenance login using "prom" and "prom" and have managed to unpack the latest firmware but that is about it, i cannot get into the CLI to do anything else.......Anyone any ideas? HELP..........Please see attachment which shows the console screen..........

Brian......... 

2 REPLIES 2
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

check the installation manual for instructions

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01376625.pdf

or

Have you tried this procedure from Qlogic:

Put switch into Maintenance Mode (disruptive) by pressing the maintenance mode switch/button for 4 seconds or power on and press the maintenance mode switch until the heartbeat LED is on solid (the maintenance mode switch is in the hole located under the Ethernet connection). Use Telnet and log in as prom/prom (username/password). Select menu option#3 (Reset Password File) to defaults (admin/password = username/password). Select menu option#7 (Reset Switch) to reset switch once selecting exiting from Maintenance Mode menu, then menu item#0 (Exit).

Sanbox2 login: prom
Password: prom

0) Exit
1) Image Unpack
2) Reset Network Config
3) Reset Password File
4) Copy Log Files
5) Remove Switch Config
6) Remake Filesystem
7) Reset Switch

Option: 3

OK, password file has been reset to factory defaults.

0) Exit
1) Image Unpack
2) Reset Network Config
3) Reset Password File
4) Copy Log Files
5) Remove Switch Config
6) Remake Filesystem
7) Reset Switch

Option: 7

Are you sure you want to reboot the switch? (y/n) y

0) Exit
1) Image Unpack
2) Reset Network Config
3) Reset Password File
4) Copy Log Files
5) Remove Switch Config
6) Remake Filesystem
7) Reset Switch

Option: 0

Note: After resetting, the SANbox switch will come up in Normal mode and be ready to use with a default password file.When the switch is in Maintenance Mode, the IPaddress = 10.0.0.1. Once the switch is reset and boots normally, the IPaddress will return back to the configured setting.

Regards

spekyteky
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Thanks Gildzzz.....I had tried everything you said more than once but for some reason nothing was taking it back to its factory default setting as far as login details were concerned it did the ip side of it, but trying to login from the web page caused other issues with java security settings but thanks for the reply i did manage to get into it what i did was put it into maintenance mode....unpacked latest firmware.....cleared net settings, User settings and removed config and updated the bootloader which was the only thing i hadnt tried before and it worked no problem, there is no mention of thisin any of the documents i have read apart from a warning advising you to consult the manufacturer before doing so but it worked for me i even managed to get a fabric up and running so thanks again it was appreciated..............

So it looks like "updating the bootloader" after doing all the resets has solved it.....hope it helps anyone else out

Brian