1753913 Members
9288 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: remote snap replication

Y2
Occasional Contributor

remote snap replication

how to use remote snap software to replicate 2 Fc MSA P2000 g3 . I have 2 sites each one have fabric & MSA , my need is to replicate these 2 MSAs with remote snap LTU software , thses 2 sites have ip connectivity -Ethernet- my question is how to connect this FCs MSA via IP network between my 2 sites

2 REPLIES 2
KeirL
Occasional Advisor

Hi

The P2000 replicate via the host ports and so if you have a FC version then you will need FC connectivity across the two sites.  As you say you only have IP connectivity between the two sites this could be achieved via some sort of IP gateway such as the HP MPX110  - alternatively you may be able to get a couple of iSCSI modules for the P2000s and use those for the replication and FC for the host connectivity - this is assuming you have the slot spare for the iSCSI module.

There is a good PDF 'Cookbook' on how to setup Remote Snap on the HP website as well as a short video :o)

hope this helps

Y2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for reply

@KeirL wrote:

Hi

The P2000 replicate via the host ports and so if you have a FC version then you will need FC connectivity across the two sites.  As you say you only have IP connectivity between the two sites this could be achieved via some sort of IP gateway such as the HP MPX110  - alternatively you may be able to get a couple of iSCSI modules for the P2000s and use those for the replication and FC for the host connectivity - this is assuming you have the slot spare for the iSCSI module.

There is a good PDF 'Cookbook' on how to setup Remote Snap on the HP website as well as a short video :o)

hope this helps

@KeirL wrote:

Hi

hope this helps

Thanks for reply