4478 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: snapshot and snapclone

S.S.
Super Advisor

snapshot and snapclone

Hi,

Can you explain me what is snapshot, snapclone and also brief about RSM Scripting.
We have a eva8000 then how to create a snapshot.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Snapshot: point in time reference to your data. not a full copy. Changes to your data write out the original data to the "snapshot" area to preserve it.

Snapclone: full copy of your data, seperated from the parent.

RSM Scripting: RSM (Replication Solutions Manager) allows you to compose scripts within a gui based interface in order to create and utilize snapshots and snapclones. It is also used for managing remote replication.

(I think I got those right, it's been a while)

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

That's pretty much it. About the only thing is to emphasize (in case it wasn't obvious):

Snapclone: POINT IN TIME full copy of your data, separated from the parent. If you have one, and there is sufficient free space, the snapclone can reside in a disk group different from the one containing the parent vdisk.

----------
If you think these messages have been helpful, please assign points. I collect them (as do the other respondents here in the forums). Kind of like stamps. While you are at it, be a good sport and start assigning points to all your OTHER responses with unassigned points. Go to your profile, and click on the "Questions or topics with unassigned points" link.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

S.S.
Super Advisor

Thank you!