1752393 Members
6829 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: stacking cable for M6412 - 321624-B21 discontinued

Greg Beifuss
Advisor

stacking cable for M6412 - 321624-B21 discontinued

My normal resellers (Canada) are telling me that the 321624-B21 cable can no longer be obtained from HP. This part still shows up in the quickspecs and Product Bulletin; can anyone validate that this is no longer for sale?

Is there a replacement part? I'm specifically looking for the short cable, but I could use the longer one if there's no alternative.

Thanks,
Greg
5 REPLIES 5
Andras Ordogh
Valued Contributor

hello Greg,

maybe you can try to buy this part as a "spare".

if is not in the pricleist, so you cannot buy as a normal new cable, you can buy a new one as a spare. you have to find a hp service partner, and you can buy it (if you want to buy a scsi u320 72Gb hdd, you cannot buy it a normal shop, but you can bay as a spare!)

andras
ColH
Advisor

The expansion cab kit for the EVA 8400 part no. AP712A has cables in it that could be used as a alternative. But this is a much more expensive option. The .6m and .2m cables are still in stock here in the UK.
ColH
Advisor

Greg,

You should get the short cables .2m with the shelf. Is it down to your arrangement of controllers and shelves you need the long cable? What EVA do you have?

Colin
Greg Beifuss
Advisor

We have an EVA4400 but I'm looking for additional cables to daisychain the disk bays together. Somehow I've ended up with a disk bay and no cables to attach it to the other 4 bays.
The 4 bays are currently connected to their neighbouring bays (ie. bay 3 connects to bay 2 and 4) with bays 1 and 4 connected to the EVA4400.

I called HP Canada's part line yesterday and the agent I spoke to confirmed that these parts are no longer offered (either the short or long cable) and there are no replacement parts. I've since found a vendor with stock, but this practise of discontinuing parts without an alternative seems really bizarre.
ColH
Advisor

Greg,

The EVA 4400 controller should have come with four long cables , the shelves comes with two short. You use these long to cable to the top shelf and the bottom shelf then with the short cables that came with the shelves to loop between shelves. So there should not be a need for any more cables unless some have been lost or broken.

The AP712 the parts is massive overkill for your needs. However individual cables still seem to be shipping here UK.

Colin