1753717 Members
4624 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

virtual disk size displayed incorrectly in Comand View 9.1

Robert Shore
Occasional Contributor

virtual disk size displayed incorrectly in Comand View 9.1

Does anyone know if the issue in CV where the disk group property page diplays the incorrect sizes for virtual disks was fixed in CV 9.2? There is a work around listed in CV 9 and 9.1 release notes. I didn't see it listed as a fix in the CV 9.2 release notes. We created a new disk group in our EVA5000. 29 disks 7.5 TB. Total capacity for this group shows 7531 but all raid levels show 2047 available. I appreciate any sugestions or comments.
5 REPLIES 5
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Re: virtual disk size displayed incorrectly in Comand View 9.1

2047 is the magic number for the maximum size of a LUN.
Robert Shore
Occasional Contributor

We were expecting to see total capacity about 7531 vraid0 about the same, vraid5 about 6400 and vraid1 about 4200. Are you saying that since 2047 is the maxinum lun size that these virtual disk sizes are correct in my disk group properties and will stay at 2047 until we create more vdisks?
Thanks for you help.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Correct,
you don't see the "total available capacity for a VRAID level in that disk group". What you see is the "maximum size for the next virtual disk you can create in that disk group" and the EVA-5000 does not allow vdisks larger than 2047GB.

It has always worked that way and is not related to the incorrect size bug in CV 9.1.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Uwe :) Very well put :)
Robert Shore
Occasional Contributor

Thank you both very much!