1751738 Members
5871 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

why cannot find the other switch's ports while zoning in Web

Ji Lei
Frequent Advisor

why cannot find the other switch's ports while zoning in Web

I connect two Brocade switches (4/32 and 8/40), switchshow and fabricshow are good but I cannot find the other's port in each side via Web.
Who know the reason?

Below is the details:
One switch is 4/32 which is already used (have zone and cfg file), the other is 8/40 power pack and it's a new one.

After I connected them, switchshow shows the two ports are E_port and fabricshow shows the 2 switch on both of them.

I have upgraded their firmware to Version 6.2.1b, and changed their domain id (4/32 is 1, 8/40 is 2)
9 REPLIES 9
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

Re: why cannot find the other switch's ports while zoning in Web

LJ,
which one of these switches is the principle switch? Are you checking the GUI of the principle switch?
Schwarzie
Frequent Advisor

Hi LJ,

Can you connfirm you are using DCFM to do your Zoning? After firmware version 6.... you can no longer zone multipul switches via the WEB UI.

DCFM Professional is free and can be downloaded from here....

http://www.brocade.com/products-solutions/products/fabric-management-software/product-details/dcfm-professional/index.page

You have to configure your zoning via this tool from now on. There is an Enterprise Edition of DCFM which has many additional functions enabled but their is substantial price for this upgrade.

Best of luck

James
Ji Lei
Frequent Advisor

Hi Amol Garge,

The 4/32 should be the Principal Switch as it is used over 1 year while the other is a new one.

Hi James Schwarz,

I know DCFM, but do you sure since firmware version 6 we cannot configure zoning via Web GUI ?

Thanks
krusty
Honored Contributor

Hi LJ2009,

Just an FYI - zoning is alive and well post v6.1 on Brocade switches. However, SOME features were lost after that version of firmware. One of them is what you are seeing. Post v6.1, you can only "see" the ports on the switch you are on for zoning. You would need to load DCFM to do that feature.

Sorry, I'm just the messenger. Brocade made that change for reasons unknown to me....

Cheers,

Curt
"In Vino Veritas"
Schwarzie
Frequent Advisor

Hi LJ,

Yep, unfortunately you have no choice but to use DCFM for multi Brocade switch zoning from this point on. Brocade want you to use their tool for fabric management so they made this change. They have provided a very basic but free version (professional) but are hoping you will upgrade to the enterprise eddition.
Ji Lei
Frequent Advisor

Hi friends,

Thanks for your kindly answers, I like this forum more and more :)
krusty
Honored Contributor

Don't forget to assign points!

Curt
"In Vino Veritas"
Ji Lei
Frequent Advisor

Points are sent, we can close this thread.

Thanks all again!
Ji Lei
Frequent Advisor

Thread is closed