5918 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

will XCS update disk firmware

Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

will XCS update disk firmware

Dear Gurz,
I am going to Upgrade CV 4.1 to CV 8.I am looking for Proper procedure to do this smooth. I really appreciated if someone shares with me the proper Procedure.
One more thing which I need to confirm "XCS will update the disk firm ware or I need to update firmware as well after finished the XCS fileтАЭ

Thanks in Advance.
Khalid
5 REPLIES 5
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Re: will XCS update disk firmware

Sorry
Forget to mention model,Its EVA4000

Thanks
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
you can commit the online HDD firmware upgrade after the finish of the XCS firmware upgrade:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3351789&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3302267&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54
the pain is one part of the reality
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

This update needs careful planning, depending on the type of array. Disk firmware is not part of XCS. For any CV version above 6 (starting with 7) you need a license!

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Khalid,

Your initial post mentions upgrading CV EVA from 4.1 to 8, however you neglect to mention what version of XCS is running on your EVA4000.

If you are really still running CV EVA 4.1, that also implies that you are running an old version of XCS which will probably require several upgrades.

The order in which you do things will depend on the exact versions that you're currently running, in order to keep things on the compatiblity matrix that you can find here:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01858971/c01858971.pdf

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Dear All,

Thanks for your help.

Khalid