5282 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

x1400 g2, 2 Tb limit

Peter Kuikman
Occasional Contributor

x1400 g2, 2 Tb limit

Hi,

I have a x1400 nas. This server came with 4x 1 Tb sata disks. I configured these disks in raid 5, so I would have 3 Tb in total. One partition has to be as small as possible for Windows (100 Gb), the second partition (data) has to be the size of all that is left, somewhat smaller then 3 Tb.

The problem is that I cannot create a Partition for the data greater then 2 Tb. This is because the disk is MBR. I cannot convert to GPT. How can I solve this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: x1400 g2, 2 Tb limit

Hi,

How about if you have a logical volume of 100GB for Windows.

And then another logical volume with the rest of the data.

Instead of using partitions?
Peter Kuikman
Occasional Contributor

Hi Johan,

Maybe a stupid question, but how can I create 2 diffirent logical volumes on a raid 5 set instead of 2 partitions?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, no such things :)

I hope this helps.

You need to access the ACU - array configuration utility. This may be installed on the server already, or you can start the server with a smartstart CD (it should have a P212 so smartstart should work).
Or you can press F8 at the right point during POST to get into ORCA - where you can modify the raid configuration.

In there you create an array (select the physical disks). Then in the array you can create logical volumes.

You may have to re-create the array config and re-install the OS to do this.

There are recovery DVDs on software.hp.com that you can download (they do get updated very now and then).
Peter Kuikman
Occasional Contributor

Hi Johan,

Thanks, that indeed works. Points given.

Only, pressing f8 during boot does not provide me enough options to configure multiple volumes. I had to use the smart start cd that came with the server, and used the acu to cofigure 2 volumes.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Great, glad you got it working.

The array setup is not so straight forward these x1400.